Social Media Literacy & Wellness Curriculum
With this program, students will be able to:
- Explain what a personal brand is & construct one for positive and professional use
- Recognize the impact social media has on their brand & evaluate their activity against what recruiters and employers look for
- Implement positive practices with respect to content sensitivity and ethics
- Understand and execute privacy and protection measures for their information
- Identify reliable sources of information when assessing different forms of media and social media
The LifeBrand Social Media Literacy & Wellness Curriculum is an innovative approach to teaching students in grades 5-12 about social media literacy, digital citizenship, digital etiquette, and internet safety. This course uses a variety of engaging, authentic activities and resources to teach students about social media and how it can grow or harm their personal brand. Each of its 30 lessons is designed to be implemented in as little as a single class period, but extendable to a second period of deep learning.
The Social Media Literacy & Wellness Curriculum is aligned to the ISTE, Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL), and Model School Library Standards for learning. The curriculum integrates cross-curricular skills and learning in a way that facilitates deep lifelong learning that students will relate to. Helpful articles, videos, slideshow presentations, and supporting resources coupled with an easy-to-follow series of lesson plans allow teachers to implement this curriculum with ease and zero prep.